giving us about two weeks to get all the documentation put together.
Clearly, two weeks is not enough time to go to the plethora of
government offices required and get the forms all filled out. So, I
called back the embassy where the interview will take place and
requested that they delay the interview if possible. They have
obliged, and a week later (yesterday) I was notified that the new
interview date will be a whole week later, April 15th. Now, Erika and
I have to try to figure out synchronous plane schedules that are
reasonably affordable, which is basically impossible. For some
ludicrous reason that I can't explain, airfares coming to the US from
Peru are absolutely ludicrous! There's something like $400 in taxes
and surcharges and what not, making any flight outrageously expensive
and giving me a nice little headache.
At the opposite end of the spectrum is my - GASP! - excitement to
move! No, not because I am now afraid of being gunned down in front of
my apartment in the Bronx, but because I am very excited to move to my
next borough, Queens. Astoria, to be accurate. I was stressing out
about having to move again until I visited an available apartment
recently and walked around the area a bit more. This area is sooooo
awesome and the rents are totally reasonable (relatively speaking).
This part of Queens borders the East River, giving some apartments
(including some I have visited) amazing views of Manhattan and being
just a short subway ride away from the middle of Manhattan. Furnishing
my apartment is a whole other matter, but I won't spoil my thoughts
about moving just yet.
In other news, it looks like Erika has found the perfect wedding
planner down in Peru to do some of the legwork for us while we are
both here living the city life. I'm pretty stoked about that and look
forward to meeting her when I go down to Peru in two weeks for the
interview and to celebrate Erika's 29th birthday!
J. Riley, now back to looking for flight deals....