Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Another International Wedding in the Wings??

So I found out about the most awesome feature I've ever seen on a website: flight tracking with Google Maps! Delta airlines actually shows you in real time where the airplane is, it's proposed flight plan, and the number of airlines in queue at the airport, departing and arriving. My fellow geeks at work were less than impressed and said that this feature has been around for a long time, but I had no idea! What would we do without Google...

Taking advantage of my lucrative tax-return and the fact that there are major festivities occurring in South America next month for Easter, I've booked yet another flight to the Southern Hemisphere, once again to Peru, to see my girl Erika again. In true frugal fashion, I did a major cost analysis of the flight down there for four days, but in the end it came down to the fact that if I don't go next month, I won't see her until October-ish, and that's a long, long time to go without seeing her, considering I've only been around her for a day and a half. But we've been talking several times per week since then and are getting along well. It's an interesting experience though...

Since I was planning on going down to Peru in October, I started to day-dream about checking out another country with Erika that I haven't seen instead of going to Peru again. Argentina? Uruguay? Colombia? Some other country that is on the State Department's "Travel Warning" list and for which it is recommended to get ransom insurance? Sounds like a stellar idea to me. I have a co-worker who's getting married to a Colombian girl in September and when I was talking to him about checking out some Caribbean islands in the country, he said that I should come to Colombia in September, go to his wedding in Bogota (isn't that where "Clear and Present Danger" was filmed?), and then head over to the islands. Are you kidding me? A Colombian wedding? Imagine the drug cartel leaders that I could rub elbows with down there! :o/ . But I'm totally gonna try to get in on that. And the islands are supposed to be amazing!

J. Riley, And the Colombian islands? Check this out:

2 comments:

  1. that picture is SO pretty!

    ps-call graham or brie and make them have elli say alligator to you. cutest thing EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:46 PM EDT

    Relief..... looking at the title I thougt you were talking about your wedding! ;-)

    DH

    ReplyDelete