Friday, February 01, 2008

Tossing and Turning...errrr, Shooting

Earlier this week, the big boss of my group of geeks decided that, in
the spirit of this weekend's Super Bowl and the fact that the New York
Giants were playing in it, today would be "Jersey Day". When I first
quickly scanned the email, I reacted in horror seeing the word
"Jersey" in the body, figuring that he was scheduling something social
in New Jersey. But, thankfully, I took the time to read the full two
sentences and realized that he wanted people to wear their favorite
jersey to work today. In typical fashion, I dusted off my Liverpool
jersey (dusting wasn't really required), laid it on my new pair of
jeans so as not to forget that it was Jersey Day on Friday (and, thus,
our self-declared Jeans Day), and was pumped up for today. I was
acting out a little Euro-arrogance skit in my head when I laid in bed
last night thinking about Jersey Day, imagining one of the
golf-club-swinging, jock-type managers saying "That's not a football
jersey!" and then me pulling out a soap-box, standing on it, and then
launching into my typical tirade about the difference between
"football" and "American football", feeling smug and comforted about
having won that illustrious battle ;o).

J. Riley, I didn't sleep well last night. I kept waking up thinking
"Don't forget to wear your jersey! Don't forget to wear your jersey!"
Well, that and the fact I couldn't breathe thanks to my congestion :-?
!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:50 PM EST

    Glad to hear I am not the only one to not be sleeping so well these days, although yours was one night and for more simple reasons then my insomnia ridden days this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of football - you're one of few Americans who understand difference between real football and American football :)
    Good for you

    ReplyDelete