Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Up Date

So, there's been a ton of stuff going on lately. My to-do-list currently stands at 21 and this does not include blogging, but there's some important information that needs disseminating. First of all, our formal wedding date has been moved up to February 14th in order to accommodate my sister's school schedule. Wait, I knew that sounded familiar...that was the last blog.

The other important bit of news is that the celebration for our official, legal wedding will be on May 24th, which is Memorial Day Weekend. I thought that was a good thing because I could take an extra day off work (I will probably take 5 days off in total), but now that I think about it....I hope you guys - I'm thinking in particular the Manteca crowd and sibling- don't already have Memorial Day plans! I hope everyone can make it :-# . Should I change the date??? Feedback please!

My post-30 body continues to deteriorate - in someways to my pre-30 body. My eyelids have become infected again :-| .

On Friday, Erika's last day in Peru as well as her birthday, I was (as I term it) death reincarnated. I woke up the night before shaking in my bed. Thinking I was just cold in the desert air of Lima, I got out of bed and went outside to get a sweater to put on. I found it strange that it was not freezing outside like I thought it would be. Anyway, I put my sweater on, got back in bed, did a little more shaking before falling asleep. Apparently, it was a fever that I had, as I learned the next morning when I woke up feeling like death reincarnated. I had the typical estomago gringo so I went to the bathroom to empty my stomach and when I finished, I started throwing up. And that is how my day went. I couldn't get out of bed, as much as I tried. I slept, went to the bathroom, and slept some more. Feeling a little better later in the afternoon, I ate a little bit of soup but then it was back in the bathroom to toss my cookies and go back to bed. I was on the verge of cancelling my overnight flight for the night. I decided to give it another two hour nap and see how I was. I felt well enough to make it to the airport and that was good enough for me. Strange how much you miss being in your own bed when you're sick, even if the drugs are cheaper and the care is arguably better in Peru!

Anyway, although I woke up after our overnight flight feeling a million times better, I'm still trying to shake the stomach thing and not feeling that great...

J. Riley, I have three doctors appointments on Monday, one of which is about this myotonic dystrophy thing that I supposedly have.

4 comments:

  1. The 24th is our anniversary! Want to babysit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, is erika here in new york with you now? i would LOVE to go out to dinner with the two of you in the next couple of weeks, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:38 AM EDT

    I am working I am still on probation and can't get the 24th off. Tedd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:25 AM EDT

    Hi Justin, we will be there! Mom and Sammy will be going too! I think Tedd is trying to switch his shift with someone. So we are all going to be there! :)
    Can't wait to see you and meet Erika.
    Congrats!
    The Kadillak Gang

    ReplyDelete