Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Believe It or Not...

First, some administrative information regarding the wedding next year. Erika has gotten ahold of the manager of a very nice, local hotel chain in Lima (Miraflores), Peru (Casa Andina for you Googlers)  and has gotten a verbal agreement for a 15% discount on hotel rooms for guests to our wedding. They have three local locations including a 3-star, a 5-star (for Sean), and one a little outside of central Miraflores that I've stayed at. Erika calls it "normal star", whatever that means :o). In any case, that is one option and if you want to make a reservation there, you should send me an email so I can give you the manager's email address so you can deal directly with him. He speaks English, of course. 

For the stingy crowd (people like me), there is another hotel in Central Miraflores next to the park called La Casa de Sanchez. There's no discount there, but the prices are pretty good already. If I was traveling, I would stay here. But Casa Andina hotels are really nice (and more expensive) and, a crucial dealmaker, has wireless internet :o). 

A third option is to check Craigslist for Peru and rent an apartment in Miraflores for like $35 a night. That is what I am doing and typically have done in the past. It's hard to beat that price and you can have your own oceanfront view from your bedroom, overlooking Lima, and a full kitchen, internet, cable TV, etc. 

Contrary to popular opinion, I AM actually capable of surviving three weeks without my wife. For crying out loud, I've only lived alone for the past 12-odd years and did perfectly fine, if you consider living in a messy, cob-webbed apartment with death-like stenched towels, annually washed sheets and blankets, and a weekly pile of dirty dishes "fine". Somehow the wife has rubbed me the right way because today I did laundry and actually voluntarily grabbed my towelto wash and the dishes have been done all week. I guess learning is still a long process since I only washed my pillow-cases because they are most likely drool-drenched thanks to this massive mouthguard that I am reluctantly wearing and suffocating with every night. Plus, I chose a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad pineapple to make juice with yesterday... 

J. Riley, check out my new "Reactions" below - I totally copy-catted Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment