Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Public Service Announcement Re:Reservation Rewards

I had some strange transactions on my credit card recently - $12 charges (that appeared to be occurring monthly) being charged by something called "Reservation Rewards". Apparently, this is one of those scams that they get you signed up for when you buy from "reputable" travel sites like Orbitz. Check out your credit card if you have used one of these discount sites and make sure you're not getting charged. If you are, call them up, demand that they cancel your account and threaten to report them to the BBB if they don't refund all of the past charges. I did that and they re-credited my credit card. I reported them to the BBB and disputed their charge on my credit card for good measure!

J. Riley, I recommend using a virtual credit card number from a credit card company like Citi (I think Amex may have it as well) when buying from these travel sites or any other "lowest bidder" sites that I like to frequent! Thanks Mint.com for notifying me about the charges!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:47 PM EDT

    Hello J. Riley:

    I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-732-7031. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at mary@reservationrewards.com. If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

    Thanks,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete