Saturday, February 14, 2004

After sleeping in until noon today, I got hooked on online poker (Texas Hold'm), but not with real money. I get sharpen my skills so that next time I go to a poker party, I'll be razor sharp :) .

Went to Kuma Inn for dinner, awesome French-Asian fusion food in the Lower East Side. It was a hole-in-the wall with a great atmosphere and great food. The owner/chef came out to greet us and talk about his food with us. His mother taught him about cooking Phillipino food as he grew up, but his educational background was in French cooking. So his food is a mixture of French style with mostly Asian ingredients (Phillipino, Japanese, Chinese, etc.). The sake was to die for, very smooth and fresh tasting.

We went to "Teany" after dinner, a tea cafe with about 150 types of teas (gotta get the "teany chino"). It's owned by the singer Moby. Came across the bar "Pianos", which someone from work had told me about before. It was late and crowded. On Houston, found a few hip-hop clubs, which I might have to try out sometime.

Other places to check out: Candle Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment