Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Buddy

Tonight I went into the bathroom to start brushing my teeth, trim my goatee, put the thousand medications on my newly-injected eyelid, etc. As I was standing there admiring the shape of my goatee, my foot started to itch. I wiggled it without my eyes leaving the mirror, but it still itched. I looked down and this is what I saw on my foot:









Flashback: I was talking about cockroaches with Roland, who is a little wussy and is scared to DEATH of the stupid things, complete with nightmares and everything. He told me once he got one in Budapest where he was living and within a week he had moved out to the suburbs again because he was scared of them. I was chastising him for this fact. I mean, I've seen them in the stairwells here in NYC dead, maybe two or three in the past year. My apartment building is pretty new and clean and, really, they didn't bother me that much. Besides, I am pretty masculine and would never admit to being scared of these little things.

Tonight: Despite the fact that it's 4:00am in Slovakia, Vas is of course online when this happens and I told him about it and he can't stop laughing. My foot just touched my headphones that are on the ground below the desk and I practically jumped out of my chair. I'm freaked out of these things now!!

J. Riley, no sweet dreams for me tonight. May the bastard rot in cockroach hell - the NYC sewers. Actually, that's probably more like heaven for him....

P.S. New blog links added to the right!

4 comments:

  1. Aw he's so cute!! Or maybe her...we'll call it Pat for now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:23 AM EST

    send it to fear factor, they would find something creative to do with it!

    DH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:35 AM EST

    You need to show Suzy how to set her blog to accept us anonymous (that is a tough word to spell, had to look it up!) commenters.

    Also, my friend Mark Manley has set up a live video feed from the crib of his new child "Drew", called appropriatly "DrewCam". It is pretty cool. You can see the little guy squirming in his crib at all times. His camera crapped out, so is down now. If GT could set this up we would be happening! Sounds like a project for uncle Justin!

    DH

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I am so scared of the roaches... actually any kind of a domestic insect. I scream and jump when I see them. Lucky, no roaches in SF! It has been 5 years and 0 roaches. We do have spiders, though. Lots of them. Andre the cat eats them, though.

    ReplyDelete