Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Football - What Else?

As the first round (group stages) of the World Cup comes to a close, I am almost
worn out from watching hours upon hours of football. There have been three games
a day for the past week and a half and the middle game conveniently starts at
noon EST, just in time for lunch! The industrial area where I work conveniently
has an Irish pub down the street that normally serves the construction workers
their two-to-three-Budweisers-per-lunch meals but has been transformed into a
local soccer-fan mecca during the 'Copa do Mundial'. Suffice to say that I am
tired of eating pub grub and have been surprisingly motivated to cook vast
quantities of food at night so that I can have leftovers the following day for
lunch.

Justinho, my apartment's cleanliness is suffering as a result of the 'Mondial'

No comments:

Post a Comment