Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Three Days Until Kickoff

With just three days remaining until the World Cup, it is essential for me to
pour over the charts and schedules to determine where I'm going to be and when
I'm gonna be there. Thus far, I've discovered English pubs, Czech pubs,
Brazilian pubs, Ecuadorian pubs, German pubs, and Polish pubs. Those should
keep me busy during the four weekend days (plus x number of sick days) of
football that are in the first couple of rounds. For those non-weekend and
non-sick day games, I'll be tivo'ing them and watching the good ones at night.

As for my predictions for the first round, I will lay claim to the following:

Group A:
Winner - Germany
Runner-Up - Poland

Group B:
Winner - England
Runner-Up - Sweden

Group C:
Winner - Argentina
Runner-Up - Ivory Coast

Group D:
Winner - Portugal
Runner-Up - Mexico

Group E:
Winner - Czech Republic
Runner-Up - Italy

Group F:
Winner - Brazil
Runner-Up - Australia

Group G:
Winner - Switzerland
Runner-Up - France

Group H:
Winner - Spain
Runner-Up - Ukraine

Justinho, please leave *your* predictions as comments.

1 comment:

  1. Per Kramer, "the Ukraine is weak" - if you ever saw the episode where he is playing Risk with Newman.

    ReplyDelete