Friday, September 04, 2009

Mattresses on My Mind

So I've had a lot of problems with ye old mattress in my apartment -
despite the fact that it was fairly expensive and only one year. I've
thought about buying a new one, but it's such a waste of cash,
especially considering that I just finished paying it off yesterday
(literally - 18 months interest free!). I was thinking about getting a
nice product from Ikea, which has amazing prices for some good stuff,
but the more I thought about it, the more a foam "topper" made more
sense. It's basically like a 2" deep piece of high-density foam that
supports the bod like one of those fancy Tempur-Pedic mattresses that
cost an arm and a leg and that only wealthy people (like my sister)
can afford. Well, I wouldn't say a 2" deep foam sheet is quite the
same, but it's the same idea and I'm pretty sure that it's worthwhile.

The only problem is - which one do I buy? There's roughly 2,356,724.1
places online that sell them, and some of those places have multiple
models like synthetic material vs. organic (soy foam? really???),
multiple densities, natural latex, etc. etc. The prices range from
<$100 to several hundred dollars. There are just too many options for
me to go "yogurt shopping" about in this situation, especially when
they are not there for me to feel, touch, and smell (which I hear is
big issue for some of the synthetic ones). Does anyone have one of
these guys? Is the synthetic smell really that intoxicating?

J. Riley, hmmm...eBay has some nice prices :)

No comments:

Post a Comment