Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I found out yesterday that my good friend Alex was not accepted into the Spanish exchange program and therefore will most likely not be studying in Spain next year. This presents a predicament for me: If I have no free room and board in Spain, where am I going to spend this year's BIG vacation??? So, to all my friends around the world, if you want me to visit you, let me know! These AAdvantage miles and passport are burning a hole in the pocket of my favorite tight-ass Euro jeans....

I watched a program called The New Americans on the tube last night (in lieu of regularly scheduled reality TV, an essential part of my Monday evenings). It's about several independant people who are on their way to America as immigrants, one from the Dominon Republic (who wants to be a baseball player), one from Palestine (marrying a Palestinian-American), and a family from Nigeria (father is a chemical engineer, mother wants to be a nurse). I found this show intriguing because it put my opportunities and my past into perpective compared to people around the world, as opposed to my normal comparison with people like me (college graduates who've had a relatively simple life). Watching that show made me thankful for the opportunities I've had, the job I have (this is a hard one to be thankful for sometimes) and for the lifestyle that I am able to live....

No comments:

Post a Comment