Friday, April 02, 2004

Well, this will certainly be a Friday night to forget. While the other twenty coworkers of mine are resting in their homes or visiting friends in their hometowns, I'm spending the evening with a pair of coworkers in lovely, dreary Delaware, waiting for a computer to crank through 1700 user accounts on a server in New York City, which is where I should be. Though this sounds exciting and adventurous to most people, I personally find a software status bar that moves a millimeter every fifteen minutes rather dull. Therefore, I blog.

This week has been amazingly ordinary for me. Last night, after a tough pair of raquetball games with my gargantuan Indian coworker (we tied, one game a piece), I spent the evening at Zanzibar Blue, the local high-class restaurant (not my usual taste, but pickers can't be choosers in Dull-aware) that serves up martinis and live jazz music. Thursday night is "Swing Night", so I thought I would cruise over and tear up the carpet with my moves for a bit. Wouldn't you know it -- while they have swing music, they have no dance floor. Figures. The music was decent, although the lead singer (male) sung pretty much exclusively Frank Sinatra songs (because his voice is exactly the same as "Ol' Blue Eyes") and the other lead singer (female) could have been a "lowlight" (as opposed to a highlight) of the first-round American Idol candidates. Nonetheless, I got to chat with one of the off-duty waitresses who normally provides us with great service (and a nice smile ;o) on Tuesday nights (Salsa Night)....

I have no major plans for this weekend. I'm hoping to go suit shopping, possibly at Jos A. Bank, in preperation for Katherine's wedding and to remain optimistic about the chances of me updating my resume and interview for a new job that doesn't require me to be in Delahell on a Friday night. I may also get my eyes checked out so that I can get a contact lense prescription since my Armani spectacle frames are erroding quickly. Italian quality my arse! Plus, it's always nice to be able to actually SEE things when I wear sunglasses...

I'm selling my car. Please feel free to offer me your life savings for it:




While I have gotten a few nibbles on it, I have not received any offers. The one lead that I had (or should I say the one test-driver) decided to go with the GTI VR6 (he must hate the environment) and thought that my car was overpriced. We all know that that's not true!

The software status bar moved another millimeter. The anticipation for completion builds....

No comments:

Post a Comment