Friday, April 09, 2004

What is it with my Friday nights lately? Last week I was stuck at work waiting for a deployment to finish and this week I'm stuck at the Philadelphia Airport (a few miles from the Delaware border) waiting for a 7:00 flight. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I booked this flight to Nashville late on Friday evening. The only earlier flight was at 1:45, and I left work at 11:00 so that I could go pick up my newly-tailored suit and head to the airport and fly standby on that flight. Wouldn't you know, the flight was oversold. But there was still one seat left on the plane before it left! Despite the fact that I got there early (and was the first name on the standby list), Mr. James Riley apparently got priority seating before me. Bastard!! I guess that's what I get for flying an airline where I don't have any status. So I have a few hours left to sit here, listen to my latest Roger Sanchez Essential Mix, finish watching "The Three Amigos" (purchased the DVD last weekend), etc.. Therefore, I blog.

This week was decently fun. Tuesday night we went to the equivalent of "Central Perk" -- Zanzibar Blue, across the street from my hotel. They have Salsa Tuesdays with live music and a small dance floor. Not being a big salsa dancer myself, I usually just go to hang out and drink some free margaritas and, on an inspirational night, dance a cha-cha or two. Well, I was inspired on Tuesday by a table-full of University of Delaware co-eds celebrating "girls night out", a rare sight at an establishment like Zanzibar. Suffice it to say that I had a good night that night at Zanzibar and that a few of the girls got complementary dance lessons from myself! The pictures should be online soon....

This weekend I'm off to Nashville for Katherine's wedding. I'll be reunited with most of my good friends from work who I haven't seen lately (mostly because they were smart and all quit and got better jobs). It should be a rockin good time tomorrow night. I'll be sporting a black suit that I purchased last weekend (along with a grey pinstripe) and I'll be sure to take some pictures.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment