Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Weekend with the Folks

Well, my folks have arrived at the airport and are on their way back home already after a quick but fruitful three day trip. They (and, as tour-guide, I) did lots of walking around town the past few days and got a good taste of the city that I call home. Unfortunately, they didn't have quite enough time to get to some can't-miss items like Central Park. I guess we'll have to save that for next time. Just don't blame it on the tour guide.... ;o)

Saturday night we chilled out at an awesome restaurant called Suba, listed as one of TimeOut New York's Top 100 restaurants in the city. And, let me tell you, it didn't disappoint! It served up the best "Nuevo Latino/Spanish" grub that I've had yet. The appetizers were especially rock solid, as I munched on roasted red peppers filled with Tuna, a chopped endive salad, and, the best of all, a shrimp ceviche. Out of this world!

Rent is due in a few days and, for the first time since I've moved to the city, finding the $1300 to pay for the month is going to be tough. I guess I have to dip into my savings...Not sure why I'm coming up short this month, must be the job expenses that my employer makes me pay for out of my own pocket until they get around to reimbursing me. I think I'll spend my next few lunch hours on monster.com rather than paying the minimum $5 required to get me some grub...

This weekend is Spring Cleanup Day! Yea! I'll be spending an afternoon with a few thousand New Yorkers cleaning up parks around the city. I've signed up for a park in Brooklyn, though I forget which one at the moment. Guess I better buy some tax-free gloves this week in Dull-aware so that I don't have to barehand a soiled syringe or....other...soiled...items...(use your imagination)...