Thursday, December 02, 2004

A Walk Through Time

What happened? I take a few days off from blogging, and suddenly my hits plummet! That's kinda funny because it's like everyone in the WORLD has fallen into the holiday spirit of becoming fat, lazy, and happy :o) !

This week was D's birthday. Paul, Cathy, D, and I have sort of started a tradition of going to a legendary NYC restaurant for each of our birthdays. Cathy got Peter Luger's, I got Le Souk, and D picked Tao. The place was packed with frolicking girls looking to become mistresses for old Upper East Side curmudgens, young lawyers with their sport coats and suits, and apparently, move stars. But, we didn't see any that night. The food and environment were awesome though, with a huge buddha at one end of the three level room and gigantic Chinese tapestries lilting from the cealing. The food? Pan-Asiatic and awesome! I particularly liked the tuna sashimi with a small slice of jalapeno (sort of like the ones you get on your nachos at ballgames, except they taste good). Mmmmm...my mouth waters just thinking about it. Maybe I should have eaten more than an avocado and pita chips for dinner tonight, especially after that workout....

I've been thinking about vacations for next year and, in true holiday spirit, losing sleep over it. I have a friend getting married in Poland in August and have been invited to go on a three week expedition to Argentina with Paul and Cathy + Cathy's relatives, who have contacts and friends down there. In September. With my two weeks of vacation. Hmm...I'm not quite sure how that's going to work out. I haven't mentioned it to my boss yet, but I'm thinking "sabbatical". My employer will probably be thinking "pink slip". So we'll see how that shakes out in a few months.

There was something else significant I was going to blog about that I thought about in the sauna after the gym tonight. It was going to be magnificent. It was going to allow me to interact with my audience. It was really a brilliant idea. But, alas, I'm blonde. I'll think of it when I'm crammed in the subway tomorrow morning and don't have enough free space to blog from my cell phone.....

Write comments, people!!
J. Riley

I'm back. I just realized that my title makes no sense because I lost that thought. Anyways, over Thanksgiving I got rid of my old computer and backed up a bunch of old pictures and documents from college to my new computer. It was pretty funny going back and reading some of the stuff I wrote earlier this week, like letters to friends (pre-email), looking at digital pics I took of things like the world's largest pizza ever ordered by my roommate and I in Sunnyvale, CA (I think it fed us for a week or something), and pictures from a gathering that I couldn't remember taking place :o/ . Gee, and I wonder why I didn't get any work done this week....