Friday, December 31, 2004

End of the Year Update

HEY!! four days without a new blog! What's going on? Your daily blogs is what keeps me going! Hope all is okay, Justin
Love, nana

Geez, tough crowd!

Well, it's the end of the year. Last week I spent Christmas back in California with my family. Lucky for me, everything went very well after my miserable flight experience. I was afraid that the flight was going to be a bad omen for my trip, but that wasn't the case! Thanks to the calendar this year, I got to experience back-to-back Christmases, one with my family and one with my dad's side of the family on Sunday. And, to top of the gorging festivities, my sister Faryn turned 18 on Monday, so we went to my favorite chain restaurant, Buca di Beppo's.

I got back to New York on Wednesday morning after a red-eye flight from SFO. By the time I got home, it was already 8:00am and I had just enough time to shower, change, and head to work for the day. This being a holiday week, work has been slow and mellow, which aided me greatly after the red-eye. On top of this, Matt Bullock, an old college friend of mine, was in town with his girlfriend, so I met up with them on Wednesday night and took them down to the East Village for dinner, followed by a tinychino down in the Lower East Side.

Now it's Friday and I've finally recovered from the flight. Just in time, since it's New Year's Eve! I've got a few things lined up for the evening, including a party at Sean's apartment and a pub crawl scheduled for 4:00pm. I have no idea how late things are going to happen tonight, but I can tell you that I won't be anywhere near Times Square!!

Until my next update,
J. Riley