Monday, January 03, 2005

Who's Got Game? That's Right....I Do.

It's late. Do I have the time to blog? Yes, I do.

So, as expected, I did the New York New Year's Eve gig. Pub crawl from 4:30pm until around 9:30 followed by attending Sean's party on the UES. However, due to the large volume of beer (and water) consumed during the previous 5 hours, I had no room in my stomach for any of Sean's delightful fresh-pressed OJ/Grapefruit juice with refreshing top-shelf beverages. So, it was a sober night more or less - which isn't a bad thing.

Let's talk about my game. Most girls know that I have major game. However, my bountiful game usually doesn't (or, should I say "never") pay off for me when it comes down to "game point". Of course, you know what I'm talking about: raquetball. I have been in a major slump since...I started playing. But especially here in NYC - against both Paul and Cathy, I have accumulated maybe two wins up until today. That would be like a 13.333333% winning average - not exactly hot. Well, they faced my wrath today, game face and all. I put the smack down on both of them as well as D, who is an up and coming all-star newbie to the game. Now that my winning percentage is up to about 25%, I think I can go ahead and call her my protege. I will take her under my wing and show her what it takes to win in this game. I'll explain that throughout my trials and tribulations, it's comforting to know that if you stop hitting the ball into the ground before you hit the wall, you will actually accumulate points and win every once in a while. She'll learn....

Today was the first annual Geek Fest. Or, more appropriately, Get-Justin-To-Fix-Your-Computer-For-Free day. I successfully reconfigured a laptop and iPod, found and configured free wireless access from my friends' neighbors for them, and copied around 1000 copywritten songs from one laptop to three other laptops. Geek Day was a success for everyone but me. I've been working on re-doing my website to create dynamic directory links for my photo album since about 10:00am and have not successfully completed it yet. That's why it's 12:30am, my eyes hurt, and I'm sitting here blogging. On top of that, I have been pounding my head against the wall for weeks now about whether or not I should throw down $350 on a new, sleek, slim, sexy digital camera. And, to add to the madness, I am now being tempted by my former roommate Alan to purchase a new <$600 computer from Dell, complete with a 17" LCD monitor. Oh, woh-is-me, the geek :o|

J. Riley needs sleep.