Friday, January 28, 2005

More Pictures!

When it rains (or, more appropriately, snows), it pours! I finally got Roland's pictures - from our trip over two years ago. Yea, the mail is a bit snow from his part of the world to mine. Of course they're on my website. Some of these are my pictures, but many of them are his.

Speaking of pictures, do you people know about Skype? Well, okay, it really has nothing to do with pictures. But it does have to do with "speaking". I remember a few years back, in the technological dark-ages, I tried out a program that let me call home for free, using my PC and a microphone as a phone and using the internet as my telephone circuit. The quality was terrible and the company quickly went out of business (Dial-Pad, I think it was called). Well, here we are a few years later, and along comes Skype. It doesn't really serve up too much value for us in the states because of the promiscuity of mobile phones and free long distance calling. But, for those of you outside the country (and I know pretty much none of you are out there since you don't read my blog), this is key! I've gotten a few of my friends to get on Skype and the call quality is breath-taking good! Very crisp sound, full duplex, etc. I've even had a conference call between three people in three countries and had no issues whatsoever. Add to that the fact that file transfers actually work (unlike when using programs like MSN Messenger or AOL) and that they are encrypted, and we've got ourselves a wiener....I mean winner. Download Skype. I'm jrhainers....

J. Riley