Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Wingman

Week two is half way over with my new personal responsibility overhaul. I've successfully woken up at 6:30am every single morning (during the work-week, anyway ;o) and have been regularly working my full eight hours and going to the gym several times a week (Passover caused me to miss yoga, but I should be able to survive). However....today I was hurting at 6:30am as a result of long distance internet telephony calls out of the country into the wee hours of the morning, about 12:30am. But I still made it up before 7:00am, so I'm still going strong.

FYI, I'm now in possession of round trip tickets to both Poland and Brazil for weddings later this year. I am 80% sure that I am going to have to pass on the trip to Argentina in September because the scheduling just isn't looking pretty for me and the clan that is going down there. It's too bad that I'm going to miss the opportunity to go with them, but I think it makes more sense for me to save that trip for a time when I can spend time with my friends in cities like Buenos Aires...

It's hard to find a good wingman these days. Case in point: I met up with my friend Sean and his girlfriend and a few of his coworkers downtown a few weeks back. If you've been following my blog, you'll know that Sean used to be my number one wingman in the past, back in his single days (like...last month). I had a good conversation with one of the coworkers and at the end of the night she told me I could get her phone number from Sean. OK, fair enough. So later that week, she goes and talks to Sean for like an hour about her dating life (or lack thereof) and asking if he has any single friends. Sean, being my wingman, totally drops the ball. Totally. Nope, he doesn't know of anyone he can set her up with. Hellllooooo?????

J.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 PM EDT

    hasnt Sean EVER seen top gun?

    perhaps he needs a refresher course. maybe you should just go buy a dvd and drop it off at his place with no explanation. That would be pretty humorous

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Sean definitely needs a few more sessions on the flight simulator ;o) . Top Gun might be a good idea for him, actually. "You can be my wingman anytime...."

    ReplyDelete