Friday, April 07, 2006

Morning Conversation

I share my windowless cage that they call an "office" with two older ladies who
are also consultants, albeit for a different project. One of them has a husband
who's job is on the line and is really stressed out (I know everything about
their lives since I sit next to them). Apparently her husband left home today
without saying goodbye and she wasn't too happy with it because, she said, she
is Italian. "My mother would always say 'You never know what could happen'",
etc. etc. The other consultant said "Yea, Jewish parents are like that too, my
mother used to say the same thing,", etc. They then began discussing how funny
it was that their cultures are so similar. I then pointed something out:

"I think it's because you're both women." :o)

J. Riley, always one to throw in my two cents

1 comment:

  1. D's mentioned before that those two are very similar cultually. Next time you go to a Ranger game, you'll have to ask her to fully explain!

    ReplyDelete