Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lo Siento

Last night I went back to the gym for the first time in over a week (busy social schedule has kept me occupied). It's unfortunate that I just got my routine figured out at the same time that the rest of the population decided to lose some weight and join a gym as their New Year's Resolution. Lucky for me last night was Open House night at my gym, which meant there were over one million people in the building getting a tour of the facilities and taking body mass indicator tests. The also had upper body and lower body strength tests, but I didn't even bother taking those since I probably wouldn't even register on their scales. But, in any case, I did my workout and exhausted a few muscles before my sauna session. I am happy to note that I stepped on the scale and have now set a new record for weight - I'm up to 157 pounds - and that was after working out! Previously, I was consistently at 150-155 since I graduated from college, despite some people who happen to be old enough to be my parents somehow thinking I was overweight and always greeting me with "Justin, it looks like you've lost some weight" after not seeing me for a few months :o/ . Well, to be fair, they were allowed to say that at Christmas since I had, in fact, lost five pounds post-surgery. In any case, hopefully the additional poundage is a result of my dedication to working out...

At the same time, I'm also getting myself prepared for my first big vacation of the year down to Peru next Friday. I'll be spending about a week with my friends Vanessa and Kira in Cusco, the legendary capital of the Incan Empire and then a few days in Lima. I did most of the tourist things in Cusco the last time I was there (Machu Picchu and what not), so this time I'm planning on just hanging out with my friends and doing some more local stuff like local clubs and hot springs a few hours away in the mountains. In Lima, I'm meeting up with a new group of friends. My old college roommate Ryan's girlfriend lives in Lima and he will arrive there to visit her the same day that I come to town. I understand that she has an itinerary for Lima and I understand that it will include meeting up with her friends (sweet!) and checking out the local discos and black-market CD shops. That works for me!

J. Riley, who is my new friend from Bucharest that keeps visiting my site?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:09 AM EST

    Oye, nice body improvement - I guess you're starting to look good.. although I could be wrong :P

    That counter is really doing its job isn't it? but don't just jump into calling me a friend, I'm afraid in some weeks from now you'll start calling me girlfriend or God knows what, and we don't wanna go there don't we?

    (My upper name links to a list for J Rileys amusement)

    Ela The EurpeanGirl, very jealous that she's not going to Peru like J. is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, I guess "stalker" might be a more accurate adjective ;o)

    ReplyDelete