Monday, April 02, 2007

Finger Nails

A while back, I mentioned that I found it odd that since my teeth have been
fixed, I haven't been biting my finger nails anymore. This is strange because
you would think that since I only had two teeth touching each other (prior to
ortho work), I would bite my nails much less than when I have a Robert Redford
set of teeth like I have now. But, that's not the case.

Anyway, my finger nails look much better then they did before braces. I still
mess with my finger nails a lot though, but more often tearing the nail edge
off with my fingers rather than biting them, and this is where it gets weird.
The ONLY exception to this is on the thumb and the forefinger on my right hand,
where the fingernails protrude grotesquely like a girl's until I trim them with
nail clippers.

Why am I driven to savagely trim my nails on all my fingers but these too? I
honestly have no interest in these two fingernails. It's very strange. The
worst part about it is that this is my writing hand and because those two
fingers are critical to my wonderful handwriting technique, there is an inverse
relationship between my handwriting's legibility and the length of said
fingernails :o/.

J. Riley, it's a good thing I work in IT and my typing hasn't been affected :o).
And who would have thought I could write a whole post about fingernails?

1 comment:

  1. weird. there was this guy on the 'real world' who would clip his nails and then keep the clippings in his pocket so he could chew on them. weirder.

    ReplyDelete