Thursday, June 17, 2004

Drought

Whew, it's been a while since I've blogged. You may notice, from time to time, a direct correlation between blogging and my work level. Thus, when the blogs lack, the work overwhelms. And vice-versa. Or I'm just being plain lazy...

So a few notable things of recent. I am all done working in Indiana (a location where there was much blogging going on) and last weekend I went to California for a quick trip. It was mostly like a family reunion, since my brother and sisters were all home. I'll post some pictures tonight after I install the photo-blogging utility "Hello". It was a pretty mellow weekend, spent most of my time playing basketball, relaxing, and eating the nightly schmorgasbourg laid before me by my parents. And it was good.

My mom is en route to Malawi as I type. This will be her third trip to a village there where she helps out. This year, dad and sister Summer are going as well, though they're going in a few weeks. I'm sure it will be quite an experience for them. I can't even imagine how different that culture must be....

I spent a couple days in Columbus, Ohio this week. This place is notable because a coworker of mine is from there and I never cease to wonder "what in the world does someone do for fun in Columbus, Ohio". Well, I have to give it some credit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And they DO have a "German Village" area, where there are some German restaurants. I never thought I'd find a one liter mug of Warsteiner in America's heartland! And, even more surprisingly, there was someone there wearing an Eintracht Frankfurt shirt! That's right, better recognize the best team in the Bundesliga! Well, the best team in the second division, I guess ;o).

Speaking of soccer....is anyone else in this country watching the Euro 2004??? I didn't think so :-/ . I've been all over it like flies on....animal dung. For the record, I am a big fan of the Czech Republic (due to the randomness of the small country and the fact that they have some real class players), England (of course, since I know all of their players and they get the most press), and Germany (though I don't have much faith in them this year). I was rooting for Italy but decided it's more fun to watch them suck it up in another international competition. And the fact that Totti (a striker for Italy) is an IDIOT after spitting on a Danish player and getting suspended. What a foolio....

No comments:

Post a Comment