Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Memorial Day in the Windy City

I had my first much-needed break this past weekend, with my employer graciously giving us a four-day weekend to celebrate Memorial Day. I'm sure that the extra day off (Friday) didn't have anything to do with the fact that our competitors gave their employees an extra few days of vacation. But, nonetheless, I'm not going to complain about the extra day off.

Since I'm stuck in Indiana, I decided to visit some friends of mine a few hours north in Chicago. So, I got to hang out with Kathy and Ian Barr, got to visit Craig and his growing family, and met up with Julie, along with Kathy and Ian, for a night of happy-hour indulgence and fraternizing with Chicago co-eds. Ian's got me hooked on becoming the next Eric Clapton by teaching me the three required coords needed to play the Beatles "Eight Days a Week" on his acoustic guitar. I might have to make a purchase here pretty soon to allow my talent to fully mature. Looks like I'll need to build up some callouses on my fingers for those wicked coords!

This weekend the Brazilian Daniel's twin brothers are going to be visiting me in NYC from their exchange home in Missouri. I don't really remember what they look like, so I guess I'll just have to look for two kids who look the same and who are looking around with blank faces at the baggage claim at the airport....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:55 PM EDT

    I hope you found them...

    Daniel.

    ReplyDelete