Monday, June 21, 2004

Rants -- and Raves!

Well, my employer is up to their old tricks again, two weeks in a row. Last Friday they informed that I was going to Columbus, Ohio for two days after my weekend getaway. Gotta love that advanced notice! This past Friday they pulled the old 1-2 sucker punch on me again and told me I was going to be shipped out to Chicago on Monday...FOR THE DAY! I was okay with it since the project had a bunch of new people on it and a bunch of coworkers that I am friends with. Plus, it was ONLY FOR ONE DAY, RIGHT??

WRONG.

AFTER I arrive in Chicago (after waking up at about 3:15am to catch my flight) on Monday morning, suddenly it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to finish the database work that they needed me to do in one day, so Justin is going to have to stay overnight and work in Chicago again tomorrow. Well, how nice. Too bad I didn't bring my LUGGAGE!! I guess I'm okay with it, but it's going to stink (literally and figuratively) working in the same clothes tomorrow as I did today (Paul and Cathy, no response required from you two).

In other, more positive news, England won their Euro 2004 match today, sending them into the next round against Portugal. Of course, you all knew that, since all of you signed up and paid for video highlights of all the games, including interviews with coaches and players (my favorite -- well, the only one I've seen yet, actually -- was Pavel Nedved's interview from the Czech game. He spoke in Czech the whole time, possibly my next language to master!?!?).

Yesterday was a fun Sunday. After waking up around noon (Saturday night was a late one!), Paul and I traversed the island shopping, exchanging goods, and enjoying our first NYC Jamba Juice (founded by alumni from my college!!!). The NYC Public Library was closed, unfortunately. I was hoping to pick up Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies, as well as some "Learn Spanish" (also considering "Learn Czech") CD's for my (DELAYED) commute to New Jersey (if I ever get out of Chicago). But, I did end up buying some hiking boots for my summer hike(s) and backpacking excursions in California. They cost a load of cash, so hopefully I'll put them to good use and have them for generations to come (Hmmm...Machu Picchu hike maybe??). Several miles of walking, beautiful California-style weather, and some new goods in my closet - Not a bad Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment