Monday, June 07, 2004

These Euro-boots.....

These Euro-boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do. In fact, that's what they did this weekend after the arrival of the Daniel's twin brothers from middle-America. After chasing them around the airport for a while on Friday with my taxi driver in tow, we finally met up and headed to the city.

The twins are very interesting, and I find them intriguing, especially since my mother is a n identical twin, just like these guys. The funny thing about these guys, though, is that they have the same name: Paulo! It's pretty funny to watch these two. They both are identical, same haircut and all, and they both call each other Paulo. I asked them like how their mother calls one of them if she needs just one, and they said that she just calls for Paulo and they both come. Weird. Maybe the fact that they have the same name has to do with the fact that there are 14 kids in that family. If I were their mother, I would be too tired to give them individual names too....

But, nonetheless, they are good kids, very tolerable and easy to feed. They were even brave enough to eat sushi for the first time right after arriving in the city. We walked about 350 miles this weekend and saw just about every neighborhood here. In addition, we ate a ton of food and I got to banter on and on about soccer for once. It's nice having people "in the loop" when I talk about how Real Madrid just signed Walter Samuel and about how Corinthians sucks so bad, and they're going to be demoted to the second division of the Brazilian national championship next year. Good times...Speaking of soccer, next week the Euro 2004 starts, which is the equivalent of the World Cup, only just for European teams. This is HUGE. I haven't ever seen the Euro Cup in action, but I will definetely be spending at least one full weekend doing nothing but watching all the action here in NYC, where there are a number of places with the games on TV.

Yesterday, in New York, I asked an officer if there was a cafe w/ gelato nearby. He directed me to the nearby TGI Fridays and Applebees :-/ . I mean, I would have some sort of respect if he directed me to Olive Garden. But Fridays? Applebees?

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah... I want to check out the Euro boots. Wow, the Paulo story is crazy. Is that even legal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:53 PM EDT

    Hello Ewa, this is Daniel (Paulo´s brother). The only thing that Justin forgot to say is that they have a second name. One is called Paulo InĂ¡cio and the other Paulo Henrique. So, they don´t have exactly the same name... I´m glad you found this interesting, there are lots of interisting things in our huge family (13 kids, not 14). Best wishes, Daniel.
    PS: Justin, thanks again dude!!!

    ReplyDelete