Friday, March 04, 2005

Morning Sickness

Now that I've been self-diagnosed with the bubonic plague (thanks webmd.com), my mornings have become quite interesting. I feel like a girl, it takes me so long to get ready. Of course, I haven't been to work all week, so I can't totally claim to know the full impact of my new routines. But it goes something like this:

- Alarm clock goes off
- I wake up briefly, turn off my alarm clock, and go back to bed (as usual)
- Wake up at around 9:30
- Blow my nose; Repeat every 1-2 minutes
- Wonder who poured sulfuric acid down my throat
- Go into kitchen, turn on stove to heat my heat pad
- Put a cup of throat tea into the microwave
- Survive a series of convulsions resulting from my cough; Repeat every 3-5 minutes
- Stumble to the shower
- Soak my eyes for 3-5 minutes in scalding hot water
- Take antibiotics for my eyes
- Put antiobiotic ointment on my eyelids; feel burning sensation in my eyes for the rest of the day and give the appearance that I've been crying
- Take two Vitamin-C tablets
- Take multivitamin
- Nurse and drink tea
- Apply heated compress to my eyes for 3-5 minutes
- With remaining hot water, put into bowl, lower head to bowl, cover head with towel to enjoy a homemade steam-bath.

You know you're jealous.
J.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 AM EST

    u are still nursing? wierd....but cool all the same

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, human breast milk has amazing healing powers. My Peruvian friends are in town, so....

    ReplyDelete