Monday, July 25, 2005

Confession

Forgive me Father Fast-Food-Nation, for I have sinned. For the first time in nearly two years, I succumbed to temptation during the lunchtime hour. It is not unusual for me to fall victum to the eating practices of questionable Chinese food or greasy, tasty pizza from Bella Italia, as the lunch choices in this region of the Bronx are limited and I, undoubtedly, am too lazy to make my own lunch. So when my boss passed his credit card to my co-worker and he ordered pizza, I knew that it would not be a healthy lunch, but little did I know it was much more than that. It was Dominos. It was free. And it was painful. But I ate it, knowing I was saving myself $4 today....

Today on my walk home, the white trash group was at it again on my block, as they frequently are. Barbeque set up, table with loads of junk food, kiddy pool being filled with a hose running from the local bar, and 30 kids running around in bare feet. I bet that pool feels good on a nasty hot day like today. I know it did on Saturday when Paul and I took a train up to D's mom's house and enjoyed the "country club" ("country" referring to the fact it's in Westchester County, "club" referring to the fact that it's a community) pool. The weather was much more fair then, not nearly as steamy and a few degrees cooler. It was nice and relaxing...

As a public service reminder, Firefox has released version 1.06. Click on the little arrow in the top-right corner of your browser window to upgrade. Thank you.

J. Riley, I wonder if Domino's Pizza is better for me than bone marrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment