Friday, July 08, 2005

Throwback to the 90's

I'm listening to some really really old school euro-dance music right now. I recently found a CD that I had burned for me when I was a freshman in college full of MP3 music. This was back in the www (wild wild west) days when I had to get my music from FTP and web sites in Europe. A lot of these are annoying remixed songs from the 80's, something that my substitute cardio teacher would play in class. In fact, it is all annoying, but it's totally random and reminds me of days of old. Special thanks goes out to Peter Racz, a university student in Budapest who hooked me up with most of this back in 1997 through his website and FTP server. I wonder where he is these days...

I sure have grown up a lot lately. Remember the dryer sheet incident a few months back? Well my most recent clothing-comfort-related purchase proved to be quite elusive - sizing spray stuff for ironing. Mom and grandma taught me all about this stuff during my most recent ironing lesson a few weeks back (I keep getting an F+ on my ironing aptitude tests) and I've been keen about keeping my eyes peeled to find a bottle of this magical mystery spray. I have no idea what it does, but if it will save me $1 on my monthly laundry bill, then it's gotta be important stuff. And thus the search began. I went to three reputable drugstores looking for this stuff - including one that was a cavernous underground cave full of every kind of environmentally unfriendly chemical used for laundry known to man. No love. CVS? No love. Corner drugstore-that-I-support-because-it's-locally-owned? No love. Organic health food store that might normally contain biodegradable versions of such products made out of eucalyptus and chamomille herbal extracts? No love. In an act of desperation, I stepped into Food Emporium, a rather large grocery store that I typically don't support and, sure enough, Niagra Sizing Spray - on sale for $2.09 . I'll be sure to show off my new self-ironed shirts at the next convenient social outing and see if Paul will give finally give me a passing grade....

J. Riley, hello crisp shirts and Euro jeans!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:07 PM EDT

    When the right women comes along, you are sure to impress with all your household wisdom!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:54 AM EDT

    is this mystery spray also called "starch" ? Or something new and improved.....

    nevermind, im too lazy to iron.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's called sizing spray. It's supposed to make the iron glide easier and supposed to make the shirt "crisp". But my shirt looks terrible today. I think I need to hire a tutor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:01 PM EDT

    practice makes perfect. try, try again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:39 AM EDT

    do you have that cd on the music site......Tedd

    ReplyDelete