Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Ooohhhh....Mexico

Earlier in the week I strategically capitalized on my American Airlines miles by
booking a trip to Puerto Vallarto, Mexico for later this year. I am going there
to attend my third international wedding in just over a year, which I am very
excited about. It's a stretch to call this an authentic "Mexican" wedding
though. "Mexican-American" is probably the more appropriate term - meaning two
white kids going to Mexico to get married on the beach and party for the whole
weekend. But hey, that works for me.

As everyone knows, my Name Day is coming up on June 1st. I am really excited
about this and have decided to make a wish-list of things for everyone to refer
to when shopping for their gift to me.

1.) Roomba Discovery Robotic Floor Vacuum
2.) Digital picture frame with scheduling and picture randomizing features
3.) iSight webcam for my Mac
4.) "Confessions of an Economic Hitman", written by John Perkins
5.) An air filter
6.) Those fabric softener dryer sheet things

J. Riley, maybe I'll put some new teeth pics online later

5 comments:

  1. a robotic floor vacuum? do you really have a problem covering all 2.6 sq. ft. of floor space? those thing do look kinda sweet, but i think it'd freak me out to have something that looks like its alive roaming around sucking up everything it crosses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, check out this blog for the full explanation of name day:
    http://flashbank.blogspot.com/2005/05/name-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents have one of those magical little Roomba creatures and despite freaking the dog out, being ineffective on carpet, and noisy it's pretty cool. As for the air purifier...check out this article (might have already seen it).

    http://www.livescience.com/technology/
    060509_air_purifiers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:43 AM EDT

    Uh, hate to tell you this but they only work when there is nothing on the floor to trip it up. Upps....maybe when we leave.

    DH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:06 AM EDT

    You should have reminded us when we were there. I didn't realize your name day was arriving. Oh, well, we would have bought you everything on the list but we missed it........! Darn, maybe next year!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete