Sunday, May 07, 2006

Traffic Lights

First of all, "oops". I don't know why but for some reason my blog from last week didn't post - until now. Check it out down below.

The weather here in the city has been pretty killer this past week. It's been in the 60's and 70's pretty much everyday, which makes sitting in my windowless office that much better. But the warm sunlight has been excellent on the rare moments that I am temporarily blinded when I walk outside. No complaints here though!

I took advantage of the great weather today by taking a Salsa class in a windowless dance studio :-/ . I know it is blasphemous to spend copious amounts of my weekends indoors with the weather like this, but it sounded like fun to me and I met some friends of a friend who trudged down from upstate New York to attend, which was pretty sweet. I have always wanted to improve my skillz in that area of my dance repetoire, but being the whitest man on earth and not having control of my hips makes me a lousy candidate for such activities. But I put that all aside and took a four hour crash course on the basics of Salsa and learning some spins and what not. I'd learned some of it a few years back when I was into Swing dancing, but I was definitely in need of some brush up lessons. Now that I've got that under my belt, I'm thinking that another trip to the epic Sounds of Brazil club downtown might be in order!! Well, my Name Day is coming up on June 1st (did you forget already??), definitely a worthy occassion...

Yesterday afternoon, while I was sitting in Central Park with Sean, I got a random call from a girl I had a few dates with a couple months back asking if I wanted to go to the MoMA museum to see the Edvard Much exhibit (you know, the guy that drew that famous "Scream" painting?). Yea, they all come crawling back begging for my attention eventually ;-P . Anyway, I was all for it since I haven't actually been to the MoMA since it reopened last year, even though I can get in for free :-x !! Ahhh...no wonder she called me.... In any case, it's definitely an impressive place. We followed that up with a free movie with Sean and his buddy - Mission Impossible III. As usual, the impossible mission was trying to figure out what the heck was happening in the end! I hate it when movies like that make you think ;o) ....

Funny thing, I've been checking out the traffic to my website lately and it seems like half of the random hits on it are people searching for either "jaw expander", "arch expander", "mouth expander", "palette expander", or "Getting to know your friends questionnaire". Is that all I'm good for ? ;o)

Justinho, my mouth is doing fine by the way, maybe someday I'll put more pictures up!!

7 comments:

  1. Hey at least the people looking at your blog aren't looking for 'hot blondes' or 'big butt'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If people searched for hot blondes and found me, that would be sweet. I guess once they see the pictures of me and my teeth, they don't bother with further contact ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the picture of my hands probably has the same effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I'm curious (since I'm so new to the blog world)...how do you find out what people who land on your blog are searching for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can set up a tracker that shows where people looking at your site are located (city) and if they clicked on your blog from a previous page (such as search results) it shows that previous page (with what they searched for)

    ReplyDelete
  6. justy set the whole thing up for me. no brain cells lost! which leaves me with no excuse for my lack of cooking skills...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:07 PM EDT

    summer you have amazing cooking skills what are you talking about.....who else would think of the brilliant idea of cooking pizza dough on wax paper?

    ReplyDelete