Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Quick Update

Well, like the Energizer Bunny, my recovery keeps going, and going, and going. I don't know that the swelling has gone down too much, but I expect it to in the next few days. However, after a massive offensive assault with petroleum jelly and bacitracin yesterday, my lips have improved immensely and there's only a few more cracks and raw spots left. But, to replace that, my cheeks are starting to get ravaged by the little daggers and brace brackets as a result of abrasion while I suck my meals through straws. I haven't been able to let up on the Motrin yet, my whole head still hurts after not taking it for a few hours.

In addition to a massive overhaul of my jaw's functional ability, my mom has undertaken what could be an even bigger project - my bathroom. She spent the first couple days cleaning it and making it look white again (quite a lot of work) and now she is taking all the HGTV shows she watches to heart and is accessorizing it. We found a pretty nice wall unit to go over my toilet in the basement the other day (I hope it wasn't someone moving in/out ;o) and now it's full of bins, tubs, all the stuff that covered my sink, and of course the fifteen bottles of whatever that my mom brought with her :o). She keeps trying to get me to re-arrange the rest of my apartment but I'm not drugged up enough to fold to that one! Then again, she has also completely pampered me with my food and cleaning up and I could sit on the couch all day and do nothing if I wanted to (well, I don't do much more than that) that maybe I should give in and let her reorganize. Unless I don't like it :o)!

J. Riley, I hope we do Christmas #2 before Christmas #1 this year so that I can see everyone and eat everything (hint hint!)

1 comment:

  1. did she buy you a new shower curtain?? does she know where you got the other one? let her buy you a new one! =)

    ReplyDelete