Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Crash and Burn

Just like what normally happens after an extended visit, I'm burnt out! It finally caught up to me today, I overslept my alarm clock and was exhausted for the whole day. I came home with high aspirations of getting some exercise (today is my "off day" from the gym), but instead I rested my eyes for a few minutes, only to wake up an hour and a half later feeling much better. So I probably won't be able to sleep tonight, but....oh well.

I know I've totally slacked on the blogging, and that's weak-sauce since I ate some fine food and drank some fine beverages when my sister and her friends were here. By the way, they were excellent guests, just like I expected. They kept things tidy around here, so I have no complaints. Friday night was the big blow-out night when we did a little pre-partying before heading downtown to bOb, a lower cover-charge venue that had hot beats with a diverse crowd. We had a tight little group organized with seven of us in total and we all had a good time, though I guess not everyone was feeling quite so hot the next day. And even the day after that ;o).

So tomorrow is my Name Day! As promised, I will be celebrating it this year, though the party will officially be on Friday, when I'm going to go to the "First Fridays" party at the Guggenheim Museum on 89th St. DJ-spun music, contemporary art, and a cocktail bar all in one finely architected building? That should be interesting and awesome. I haven't actually visited the museum other than wandering into the foyer (sp.?) and gazing upwards in the cylindrical building.

There are some other major events going on in my professional life that are putting my employment status in limbo that I won't expand upon here, but they could have a major impact on my residence. Let's just say if things don't work out, I've got open invitations to take up residency in three countries around the world. You could always email me if you want to know what's up...

The J. Riley

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:27 PM EDT

    your profession of "eater of fine foods" is in jeapardy?

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:06 PM EDT

    brie asked me last night if you were possibly thinkign of changing jobs to travel guide writer after reading this perfectly scripted line "had hot beats with a diverse crowd"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume you're being sarcastic with that line. If you don't like my travel guides, too bad :) !!

    Actually, it would be an awesome job to be a travel writer. Too much competition though....

    ReplyDelete