Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Love At First Site?

Is love at first site just something that happens in movies? I don't think so! I'm happy to say that it happened to me recently. I was walking down to a local German bakery on a warm Sunday morning to get some breakfast food to increase my waist-length (my jeans aren't tight enough yet) and, low and behold, there was a soccer store less than a block from my house....errrrr, I mean "room". I stepped inside and was lovestruck by a true image of beauty. I had no idea they had models at NYC soccer stores, but I guess they do. Makes sense. There she was, sitting elevated next to the wall. I casually approached her and made small talk about the David Beckhams she was sitting next to. Being the suave player that I am, I incited jealousy by rubbing my fingers all over her Beckham-inspired neighbors. She didn't budge, but I could tell she was upset when I took the inspired-neighbor over to the other side of the room to find out what we had in common. But she wasn't my type, so I took her back a few minutes later. I kept playing hard-to-get, though and walked over to talk to the store owner and find out what the deal with my true love and he told me I was out of luck, she was taken. Damn....figures. The ones I'm attracted to are always taken! Being the gentleman, I left it at that and stormed out of the place. Fast-forward one week: I got out of work a few minutes early today, so I thought I'd see if she was still modeling at the store. Of course she was, still striking that imposing pose. We caught each other's eyes and I knew that today was my lucky day. I winked and went to find out the status on her, if she was still taken. As fate would have it, she was available and waiting for me. I took her home this afternoon and will remain faithful to her until I wear her out, if you know what I mean.



I was crawling through my logs today and was pleased to see that people are adhering to my wisdom and upgrading their browsers to be safe and secure. Well, upgrading Firefox, to be exact. Since you can't upgrade Internet Explorer to be safe, as well all know. Someone at 16541 Topping Way needs to upgrade, though. Do it. Click on the red or green arrow in the top-right corner of Firefox. Thanks.

I got a nice compliment from the team leader of my volunteer group today. She told me that she thinks I would make a great team leader and I should come to their Team Leader Open House to find out more about the opportunities. Well, I at least took that as a compliment. Another entry for my new Sunbird calendar!

If you've noticed in my pictures that I've been bulking up and getting huge muscles, you're right. I admit it, my muscles are out of control. Maybe it has to do with the steroids I've been taking. Believe me, I wish I wasn't addicted to the damn drug, but the doctor keeps injecting me with the thing in my sweet spot. My eyelids. Let's hope this takes care of my little "problem". And by "problem", I'm not talking about my lack of masculine muscles. Because I'm huge.

Comfy feet,
J. Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment