Wednesday, June 08, 2005

For Eyes

Now that my eyelids have chilled out a bit, I figured I'm due to upgrade my glasses. From the myriad of tests that my eyes have been through, I know that my old glasses are still pretty close to my prescription from two years ago, so I figured I'd concentrate on some tinted shades this time around. I get kind of annoyed wearing my sweet orange wrap-around sunglasses because I keep running into walls and things because I can't see. A few of my other coworkers recently upgraded (we're all geeks, therefore we all wear glasses), so they've all figured out the ins-and-outs of getting the best deal. I'd seen that some of the new auto-darkening lenses that are out are pretty sweet, so I figured I'd look into those.

An hour and several thousand bucks later, I had my order placed for some nice brown-rimmed frames with auto-tinting grey lenses. I'm pretty stoked about getting them, and hopefully they'll get here before I'm blinded by the overpowering sun down in the Caribbean next weekend...

After much deliberation, I also renewed my lease on my apartment for another year, beginning in September. I had seriously considered moving towards downtown, but the truth is that my apartment is pretty darn nice, even if it is a hike to the subway station and doesn't really have anything exciting going on nearby. Hopefully by next year I'll have some more cash put away and I can consider actually buying a place somewhere. Maybe. Not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment yet...

J. Riley, Four Eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Several thousand?? Holy crap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. slight exaggeration (sp.?)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:23 AM EDT

    these them? http://www.vintageiwear.com/pic62.htm

    DH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:38 PM EDT

    Ok Justin, now that you showed me how to leave a comment, you will be sick of me! It was great seeing you! Love, Your Favorite Cousin :)

    ReplyDelete