Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Exploits of a 2-year-old

So mother and child are now at my apartment. It's been a long time since I've seen Nina, I guess nine years already. They were pretty exhuasted from the long flight from Euroland, but apparently awake enough for Marcus to figure out that my bed is pretty cool and is fun to jump on. Man, that kid has a lot of energy! It's pretty fun hanging out with him, though. Despite not being able to speak English, we seem to be able to communicate one way or another. After getting some dinner and going to the grocery store, Marcus was destroyed and fell asleep in a hurry. Unfortunately, he was so tired that he didn't wake up when he had to go to the bathroom (he's recently been potty-trained) and so today my futon got it's first war-wound. Nina wanted to know if I had stuff to clean it with. Uhhh....I have fabric softener sheets, will that work ;o) ? Maybe I should buy a tarp at my local drugstore!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:50 PM EDT

    can i borrow your tarp when you are finished with it? I have a feeling I may need it at some point in the near future

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guys, guys, guys! Simply duct tape a garbage bag to the kid to prevent leakage and you're good to go! Did Dad teach you nothing ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear. Not the futon!

    ReplyDelete