Tuesday, June 14, 2005

MIA: Brain Bucket

Last night my gym was closed because of the Jewish harvest holiday. So, in lieu of stretching my bones, I hit the park with my 'blades. It was like 90 degrees outside yesterday and was swampy feeling outside. Not exactly conducive to outdoor activities, but I needed to do something and my options were limited. As I soon as I strapped on my job-protecting wrist guards (imagine if I hurt a wrist, I'd be useless at work), I had to hit myself in the head with the plastic protection because I realized what I forgot to bring back with me from Cali: my helmut from my storage unit. Damn. That's going to end up costing me like $30 to have to go buy a new one so that I can have some reasonable comfort in not killing myself when I'm doing somersaults off of curbs into on-coming traffic on Park Avenue. Well, something like that. I guess it also wasn't too bright of me to see how fast I could go backwards last night, either. On second thought, maybe a thumping of my head on the asphalt would do me some good afterall...

Paul, who left New York to go back to school and study horticulture at Cal Poly, is coming back to town for the summer tonight. Just in time, too, because I think that my herbs need some serious mouth-to-chlorophyll recesitation. The thyme and oregano are not looking so hot. Well, to be more accurate, they are dead.

Note to self: stick with the basil, it's easy to grow.
J. Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment