Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Testament of Youth

On Saturday at the Williamsburg art & craft street sale, I found something that I'd been searching for for a while. With all of the visitors I have (and have had), I've been dying to find a visitor's log and journal. You know, this is where people who stay at my place can jot down a little bit about their trip and make comments about my keen ability to make them feel at home. And talk about how bacheloresque my apartment is or whatever. At the street sale, I found cool little scrap books that had really old book covers on them and a bunch of empty sheets of paper inside, as well as a few pages here and there from the original book. I found one called "Testament of Youth" that is (was) apparently written by a guy who's youth was disrupted when he was shipped off to World War I from England. While the story may not be synonymous with my experiences in New York, I thought the title was appropriate. So, if you've visited me before, you are now required to come back again so that you can sign my visitor's log :o)

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment