Monday, October 31, 2005

After moping around this weekend because I wasn't in San Diego celebrating Graham and Brie's newborn baby with everyone else in my family, I finally left the house and enjoyed yesterday's spectacular weather. For some reason, we're having a bit of a heat wave out here and the temperatures are in the mid-60's again. This comes after a few weeks of really cold temperatures with the temperatures down as low as the high-30's. 'Tis the season! With the colors changing so late this year, this provided the perfect opportunity to hit Central Park with my blades again and enjoy the picture-perfect scenery and the musicians' acoustic music. Unfortunately, with my camera battery dead, I was stuck with the camera from my phone, but you can get the idea....

Before Elliana was born, I wasn't really sure how I would react when the day finally arrived. When the text message announcement came on Friday morning, it totally consumed my mind and I was disappointed that I couldn't be there. I mean, everyone else in my family was there but me! While I was sitting around watching soccer, my dad and brother were sipping on wine and smoking celebratory cigars. It made me question my plans to move to Europe in the future because it would be that much harder to be part of family events like this. And as distraught as I was, I am not so sure that that would be a good idea. In any case, I went ahead and booked a flight out to San Diego for next weekend. I'm looking forward to meeting my first niece and hanging out with Graham and Brie.

Costumes were out in full force on Saturday night for Halloween. There were lots of entertaining ones too, such as the guy that was wearing some nerdy glasses and had a giant wedgie that went up over his head. To cap the look off, he had some fake buns showing through his pants where the wedgie started. I couldn't stop laughing just looking at the guy...

J. Riley, I start working at a new client tomorrow :o\

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:27 PM EST

    Good to rethink Europe, we want you around!!! Missed you, it would have been a great time to have everyone together. Did not realize Faryn was going to be there until I started driving down that way. I am glad you are going. You can repeat the cigar and wine when you are there, I am sure Graham won't mind!!!! She is work celebrating!!!

    DH

    ReplyDelete
  2. i smoked the cigar too!! i think i charred my taste buds for good trying to get the 'perfect picture' with smoke coming out of my mouth...she is worth it though!

    ReplyDelete