Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm Annoyed

I'm annoyed.
  • I'm annoyed that my gym was closed again today. I haven't been to the gym this month because it's always closed for Jewish holidays, and this is the month when many of them take place. I coulda swore that last week was the last of them, but I guess I'll have to suffer til next week.
  • I'm annoyed that for the second time this month, I'm sick. A few weeks back (probably right before the Jewish holidays), I got a nasty cold for over a week. Now, I've got a sore throat and a headache that's unrelenting. Related to the fact that I haven't been to the gym all month? Maybe.
  • I'm annoyed that my eyelids are unrelenting in their quest to drive me mad by swelling up so that my eye is constantly half-open at most until the swelling and pain drops and chalazions (plural!) appear. Even more annoying is that I've been to six doctors already and no one can find a cure for me. Hopefully number seven (tomorrow) can do something.
  • I'm annoyed that my client at work is perpetually finding ways to scar my reputation.
  • I'm annoyed that I bought four mutual funds last year and have invested every month in three of them, but recently noticed that the three I've invested in have returned little while the fourth that I haven't been investing more in has returned 25% over the year.
  • I'm annoyed that I opened up an emigrantdirect.com savings account in order to earn 4% interest on my money but it took them two weeks to send me a letter in the mail with my account access information (even though they are located less than two miles away from my apartment) and that by the time I logged in to add funds to my account, they had closed it for lack of funding within ten days of opening the account. During the application, they state that the minimum I have to put into the account during the application is $0, but in reality is $1. I'm sending them a letter and I'm sticking with ING, as should all of you that want to earn a nice 3.4% return on any cash you have laying around.
  • I'm annoyed that the A's didn't make it to the playoffs and that Liverpool consistently underachieves in the Premier League by losing to last-place teams, even though they are the European champions from last year.
  • I'm annoyed that I've been having problems sleeping at night, probably in part because of the above reasons.
J. Riley, I know some of you are annoyed that I haven't blogged about dinner last week. I will shortly.

P.S. Although I don't make mention of them, there are lots of good things going on these days too! Like the imminent arrival of my niece/nephew, my upcoming vacation, etc. etc.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:51 PM EDT

    There is hope Justin..... Macha is back!!!


    DH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:49 AM EDT

    You;ll be even more annoyed today after Liverpool lost to Football League team Crystal Palace last night in the League Cup, not sure what is happening with the club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:09 PM EDT

    Eyelids swelling up is one of the many possible symptoms of gluuten intolerance. Get tested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That eyelid thing is starting to worry me. What is wrong with your doctors? They need to start thinking outside the box... Sorry about the Jewish holidays - that's what happens when you live in New York. Come back to SF, we don't honor anybody's holidays :-) because we want to be super inclusive... weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete