Thursday, October 06, 2005

Slice 'Em and Dice 'Em

I went to the dermatologist to have a few questionable things on my skin looked at - including my beloved eyelids and their never ending quest to drive me insane. Plus, being a moley person, I needed to have them all looked at in case they are turning red and squirting out yellow stuff or something like that. Being a moley person, usually my moles with the halo around them raise a few eyebrows, but that one was fine. Instead, I got one on my back sliced off and their going to dice it up and do a biopsy. With my skin, I'm a cancer-patient-in-training so I won't really be surprised if results come back positive. We shall see in any case. And, no, the doctors don't know anything about my problematic eyes. Maybe I should go to that party that Lorin Ashton is playing at on Saturday called "The Freek Factory"....

Last week Sean made me jealous and moved down to the East Village next to Le Souk, a pretty cool Moroccan resaurant, hookah bar, and club. I hate him. I thought about moving down there earlier this year but since no one I know lives down there, I decided to stay with the UES snobs instead. I'm going to try to transfer my lease to an unsuspecting recent-frat-boy and move down there sometime soon, but I don't have many high hopes. I'll just dream about hanging out at places that have live Cuban music every night of the week instead :-/

Saturday, I'm hosting a gathering of some sorts at my apartment. I still have a bottle of Pisco to use up from my South American friends, so I'm having people over for Pisco Sours and a mix of other random tasty beverages that I can summon up from my dusty cabinets. I never drink the stuff, I might as well use it up!

Last weekend was crazy. I'm tired just thinking about it. I did dinner at the Peruvian restaurant Pio Pio with Alan and Andrea and Andrea's friend who was visiting on Friday, Saturday I did my volunteer thing with the kids, taking them to the Bronx Zoo for the day. There was one little demon-child who was tormenting my kids, one cute Irish lassy/volunteer from Queens, and one loooong train ride to get to the zoo. It was a fun one, though. Saturday night I hung out with Sean (briefly) and his friends Melissa and Sarah before he ditched us in favor of some other people. So we went to a birthday party at Orchid Lounge before heading to a local dive bar for a few hours of good conversation. There was a friend of a friend of a friend of Sean's who was Polish, was a soccer fan, and who had lived in San Luis Obispo for four months for work, so he and I had plenty to talk about. Niko and Soenke showed up and before long Soenke had hit on every girl in the bar (including those at our table with boyfriends across the table from him). Oh Soenke, what will we do with you. I apologized profusely to my new acquantances at the bar for his behavior - before he arrived. Damage Control....

Anyway, we ended up at the same bar that we went to the week before - the one behind the black, unlabeled door. I guess it's called the No Malice Palace. We hung out there for a bit before we decided to head home or, rather, they closed down. I can't handle these late nights! I'm an old man now!! :o)

J. Riley, the local anesthesia is wearing off. Ouchy.

3 comments:

  1. i just saw the 'coin change on top of the dollar bill change' thing! i hate that too!! i make it a point to put the coin change in peoples hands before the bills. it just makes sense...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Summer. Make sure your subordinates are aware of this critical process as well!

    ReplyDelete