Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Liverpool is Good For My Health

First of all, the wife has a blog. I suggest you brush up on your Spanish first!

If any of you have had the pleasure of gazing upon my "sleek" upper body (with a hint of jealously, no doubt), you would know that my arms and shoulders are built for typing on a keyboard, not doing push-ups. In fact, I often struggle with doing 10 of them, which is pretty sad. Add on my honeymoon weight to my belly's center of gravity and...you get the idea.

Well, recently I instituted a workout program that coincides with Liverpool's wonderful run of form at the end of this season. Whenever they score, I am so full of adrenaline that I immediately drop down and give them 15 pushups. When it's against a bigger team, I usually can do 20, which is quite a stretch. Well, lately, they have been the top form team in the league, on fire. 4-0 against Real Madrid, 1-4 against Manchester United (!!!), and then this Sunday's game, when they had a chance to go within one point of Manchester United at the top of the table after ManU lost the day before. Not only did they win, but they one emphatically: 5-0! Suffice to say that by the end of the game, my arms were shot - I managed to do 55 pushups over 60 minutes :-o , by far a personal record. If only Liverpool could play everyday, I would look like Mario Lopez...

I'm slowly adjusting to life with a laptop. I am quite happy about being able to clean around my desk now that I've gotten rid of most of the wires that are here and I love that I can hook it up via HDMI to my big screen TV and watch...ahem...borrowed movies. But: Vista sucks. DO NOT UPGRADE TO VISTA! I had to google to figure out how to change the folder settings! In fact, the only benefit that I see is that I can Alt-Tab to the desktop, which is quite handy. Other than that, it is bloated, slow, and full of incompatabilities with iTunes. 4 gigs of RAM should be enough to run Firefox and Thunderbird without the hard drive thrashing as much as it does, it's ridiculous....

J. Riley, you're welcome for the Liverpool update. I know you were all dying to know.... :o/

No comments:

Post a Comment