Saturday, March 28, 2009

Shopping

Why do I scornfully look down upon produce that is made in China at my local grocery store, yet cherish shopping at a Chinese grocery store? Talk about double standards!

What's great about shopping for groceries in New York? Yesterday I was at two Chinese grocers buying stuff for tonight's wedding video gathering dinner. Today, I bought cheese, rice, and cheese bread at a Brazilian grocer, followed by fish from an Ecuadorian grocer, and Peruvian soda and Brazilian juice at my local grocer. :o)

J. Riley, it's gonna be hard to live somewhere where I have to stockpile food in my fridge rather than going shopping for things on a daily basis!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:28 PM EDT

    B and I shop for the week, then end up at the grocery store almost every night. Did you guys find a new place to live?

    ReplyDelete