Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Of Knives and Yoga

The good:

So, today I started my new job. I don't really have much to report on since I haven't had much to do yet except installing software on my machine and attending a meeting. But, so far, I like where it's at. It's a lot different than the "Big Four" accounting behemoths I used to work for, and not in a good or bad way....

Last night I took my first steps toward my personal reincarnation by taking an Intro to Yoga class at my new gym (pun intended). I've been intrigued by Yoga for quite a while as a way to relax/clear my mind and get some exercise at the same time. There's lots of elements of the Indian (and I don't mean Native American, not that there aren't interesting things there either, but....well, nevermind)/Hindi lifestyle that I find interesting, and this is one of them. Next up: Intro to Pilates course. The thing is, I am not exactly sure what Pilates is (although I hear they use an exercise ball, which I used to play with back when I was young), but I'll let you know once I figure it out....

Tonight I am attending a surprise birthday event for my good friend Cathy. Surprise #1: Her husband has arranged for a limo to pick them up at 8:15 at their apartment, where D and I will be waiting. Surprise #2: We're going to be whisked off to Brooklyn to have dinner at Peter Luger's Steakhouse :-0 !! This is probably the top steakhouse in all of New York, possibly the country! My wallet is already moaning and groaning....but I don't care, it will be fun!

The bad:

Some of you remember that stye that I've had on my eye for about two months? Well, the medication hasn't caused it to go away.

The ugly:

My eyelid Thursday afternoon. I'm going under the knife to get rid of the stye (aka cyst aka eye gout). Maybe I'll get to wear a patch on my eye for a few days and pretend that I'm a pirate. Chicks dig pirates.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM EDT

    Justin,

    This might come in handy: http://www.talklikeapirate.com/translator.html

    - Craig

    ReplyDelete