Saturday, July 31, 2004

Yoga Torque

I've only been doing Yoga for about two weeks, but I'm already reaping the rewards physically. Yesterday, I played softball on a team who needed some extra players. In the top of the second, with two runners on base and one out, I stepped to the plate. The count was one ball and no strikes. The next pitch came in, about waist high, and I prepared to hit the cover off the ball. Tightening my muscular upper body and taking a deep breath in, I unleashed the dragon within myself and ripped the ball up the middle. Because of my new upper body strength, however, my body core couldn't handle the power and I landed on the dirt almost immediately, tearing up my knees and one hand. Luckily, the groundball was misplayed and I stumbled to first. Now, my knees match my AC Milan shirt: red and black :o\ !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment