Saturday, July 10, 2004

On the move again....

Well, I've decided to move again. The last time I decided to do this, I ended up approximately 2955.9 miles away (according to Yahoo Maps) from my residence. I would say that this time is a bit less extreme, more like 10 feet (ballpark figure). My roommate Alan moved out (don't worry, it wasn't because of me) and a new roommate has moved in. But I've taken over Alan's pimp-pad room because the bathroom is internal and there's a lot more light. The view is marginally better, as well, as I have a view of the lovely steel Triboro Bridge (not much to write home about) and a view of the neighborhood soccer field across the street.

Unfortunately, with Alan moving out, the big-screen TV, the couches, the love seats, the speakers, the stereo, and the kitchen also moved out. So we have a huge Manhattan apartment (relatively speaking) and the whole community room is empty, except for some pieces of trash. Difficult situations call for difficult measures, so I stopped by the massive Jersey Gardens mall the other day on the way home from my 2 hour commute and loaded up on luxury items like plates, glasses, and silverware :o/ . A few hundred dollars poorer, I spent Saturday retrofitting my new room with my furniture (bed; desk) and organized my closet (note: after a pruning of shirts, I've freed up the space to add a few new work and play shirts to my ever-expanding inventory).

To celebrate this monumental event, I went out and bought some new Euro-shoes, which I've been searching for for months. The time has come for my old shoes to be retired. They've served me well the last year and a half, so I can't complain, but my life has turned a new page, and it's time to move on. It's hard to say goodbye, black and brown bowling shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment