Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Yogan Lifestyle

Last night I engaged in another session of Yoga at the 92nd St. Y, my gym. Yoga is some good stuff! High blood pressure? Yoga. Stress? Yoga. Sirens and street noise from 96th St just outside your window getting to you? Yoga. Cooped up all day in a cubicle and feeling tightness in your back and all your muscles? Yoga! It's very mentally relaxing and I feel like a whole new person when I walk out of that room....

Because of my roommate situation, I've started exploring my options the last few days. My current roommate is subleasing from my old roommate, who moved out after he bought a place in Manhattan. Because our lease is up at the end of August, my current roommate needs to find the "right job" in order to renew the lease (he's a recent Columbia U. grad school graduate) by the end of July. But that's coming up this week and he hasn't decided on anything yet. A friend of a friend is moving out of her place around the same time, and she's got a nice studio in a pretty good location nearby, so I'm contemplating a move in that direction. The location is closer to my gym (that's key), closer to my favorite organic/high-end grocery store, and is on a quiet street, but it is further from the subway, which would make things a bit more painful in the winter. But, really, it's a nice gig....


No comments:

Post a Comment