Sunday, July 11, 2004

Physical ailments and such

This weekend was pretty busy. Saturday was spent, as I mentioned below, organizing my war-zone room. Saturday night, while mentally deep in my book, Paul and Cathy called to invite me to take a trip down to the "nexus of the universe" area (according to Seinfeld's Kramer), the Lower East Side, to visit our favorite cafe, Teany. Teany, as I initially blogged, was a great location in the cold months because it provided us with warm cups of hibiscus and toasted almond-flavored milk (the "teanychino"). This was our first trip down there in a while, and the first trip taken during the "warm months". Being a tea-shop, I indulged in some mint iced-tea and another helping in the form of oolong and jasmine flavored iced-tea, at the flirtatious waitresses recommendation. On the way down, we found several notable restaurants in a previously unknown corner of SoHo, hence last night's cell phone blog.

I've recently been suffering from a case of biting-it-on-a-wave-and-tumbling-underwater-in-odd-shapes, a war-wound from my surfing trip to San Diego. Last night, the dull pain in between my shoulder blades was quite nagging and I was desperately seeking chiropractic care. Being late on a Saturday night, I didn't even bother looking because I know how those guys operate (though I did pick up some numbers from flyers at a grocery store :-x ) . On the way home from Teany, we came across a Chinese gentleman's shop that advertised 20-minute deep-tissue massages for the budget price of $18. Being the budgeteer that I am, I thought it would be worth giving him a shot at healing my ailments for that price. After 20-minutes of sometimes agonizingly painful massage, the mystical powers of this homeopathic treatment failed to emerge, and I departed with the dull pain still nestled cozilly along my spine. Oh well, it was worth a shot. If anyone knows of a good chiropractor in NYC, please let me know...

Today was my monthly trip with the kids from Harlem to a local destination. This month, we took a roadie down to the Coney Island region of Brooklyn to visit the New York aquarium. There were some interesting things down there, but it wasn't quite like the Monterey Bay aquarium. There were some gigantic walrii (plural for walrus ;o) there that were entertaining, however. Unfortunately, this month's kids were quite the terrorizing bunch and the four of us with boys were quite exhausted after trying to keep these kids in order for the whole day. It was mentally and physically exhausting!!

After that event, Paul, Cathy, and I checked out the infamous "92nd Y", a somewhat famous YMCA around the corner from the both of us. After taking a tour of their gym facilities, the three of us decided to sign up. The selling point was the raquetball courts, non-chlorine filtered pool, sauna, and steam room!! So, I am planning on taking lots of Yoga and Pilates classes there in the near future after returning from my new job!!!

Time for bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment