Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Epiphany

Epiphany (e·piph·a·ny)
  1. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
  2. A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization.
I had an idea a while back to create something that I termed a "Flashbank" (hence my blog name). The idea behind this is that when you get together with friends and family and you start to share stories with each other of "Remember when...". Well, each individual remembers different things from the past, and different parts of each story. When people get together and talk about these events, the people in the conversation start remembering those events and a piece of their history goes into their memory bank. So, "flashback" + "memory bank" => "Flashbank" . Bare with me, I'm getting to the point...

I had an epiphany the other day. My good high-school friend Russ and I like to remind each other of these stories with each other, because we have some good ones, such as many drawings of dogs with satellite dishes, drawings of certain Italians, physics projects, technological terms, etc (Sorry, inside jokes!). Well, I realized that I wish I would have kept some relics from those days, such as many of Russ's genius, comical drawings, photographs, etc.

Then, the epiphany hit me. I am living in NYC, the center of the universe, and I have not bothered to find or define such relics, I have a digital camera sitting on my desk that I never use, and I'm having the time of my life! But, in ten years, I'll look back and say "Wow, I was living in NYC in my twenties, and all I have are memories." Not that there's anything wrong with memories, but why not support those with some other items?

With that in mind, I am contemplating the purchase of a new, smaller digital camera to capture my life as a twenty-something single (and very eligible ;o) guy in the center of the universe. A Canon Powershot S410, to be exact....

No comments:

Post a Comment